Thousands expected at Sunshine Coast Job Show this week
From My Gold Coast:
This years’ Sunshine Coast Job Show is expecting thousands of visitors with more than 50 employers registered to participate and a range of TAFE workshops and advice available at TAFE Queensland East Coast this week.
“We are looking forward to supporting job seekers or people exploring their options next week,” Dr Paul Wilson, General Manager TAFE Queensland East Coast said.
“We work with more than 150 employers, organisations and community groups and have been highly successful in tailoring training to meet the needs of industry while ensuring the best possible employment outcomes for the community.”
While finding a job can be tough going, there are some exciting opportunities on the Sunshine Coast emerging with health and community services employment figures set to double between 2011 and 2031 to 43,000 new jobs.
“We strive to be responsive to this growth with training programs designed to reduce the chance of skills deficiencies while giving students the best possible chance at securing a role,” Dr Wilson said.
“As part of this process we are constantly increasing the amount of flexible, online and workplace delivery options available,” he added.
The Sunshine Coast is also evolving into a hub for creative industries. Over the past six months TAFE Queensland East Coast has developed a range of courses in digital media, graphic design, Information and Communication Technologies and music to support this evolution.
“Our graphic design courses have been so popular we had to provide a second semester intake for the first time,” Dr Wilson said.
Five ways TAFE means jobs!
- TAFE Queensland East Coast’s courses are designed to reflect the realities of the workplace and give students the practical skills they need to feel confident at work and appeal to employers.
- All courses incorporate either major projects with employers TAFE have strong relationships with OR activities and tasks which reflect real industry practices.
- TAFE provides internship opportunities for entire semesters with our partner organisations and businesses, often leading to employment.
- There are some courses available with guaranteed job outcomes by agreement with industry, especially in the health sector.
- Starting an apprenticeship or traineeship ensures you are already in employment while learning at TAFE. For other courses, more than 87% of TAFE graduates gain employment or continue with further study within six months of completing.